Sunday, April 29, 2012

Obedience

I'm reading Steve Smith's book about T4T--Training for Trainers and I very much like it.  In fact, I recomend that you read it.  But he says a couple things in there (so far) that I don't quite like.  One of them I mentioned in my last post about fads in missions.  The other one has to do with obedience.

The idea that if a Chrisitan is sharing the gospel with others (doing evangelism) he is obedient to God, and if he is not, then he is a disobedient believer.  Now, I agree with that, partially.  The problem is that Smith (and other missionaries I've met) seem to imply that doing evangelism is the ONLY way we are obedient to Christ. 

I certainly don't agree with that.  Obedience means obeying any and every command that God has given us--not just the one about evangelism. 

No comments:

Post a Comment