Sunday, February 8, 2009

Maiden Blog

Okay, why am I writing this blog? Mostly because I want to share with those who may be interested my thoughts and experiences regarding missions. I feel like God has taught me some valuable lessons that should be shared. However, I usually cannot share these things because of my situation.

My situation... I am a vetern missionary (not new, not old--just somone who has been on the field for a while), living in a so-called "closed" country. I am from the US. I am fluent in the local language. And that's pretty much all I am going to say about myself on this blog. Revealing anything more could put my work in jeopardy, and I don't want to do that. Also, any more details aren't necessary for the purpose of this blog. I'm not trying to raise money. I'm not trying to become famous. I'm not trying to sell anything. Mostly I feel like a raging river of ideas and lessons have been shut up inside of me and I feel the need to let them out. I don't take credit for my ideas but feel like God has given them to me. Therefore, I share them freely.

Now, if you happen to know me already, it is quite possible that you will figure out who I am by reading this blog. That's okay. Just please don't post my identity on your own blog... there's no 'prize' for figuring it out. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment