Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Teammates Needed

I came to the mission field as a single man. I have been married only four years and in a few days my wife will be giving birth to our second child.

I am overseeing three different business projects and have plans to start more, and drastically increase the size of one.

I am administering a discipleship program that is designed to prepare local people to become national tentmakers here in The Location, and I am trying to develop all the curriculum in the language here.

I am attempting to reach at least one unreached people group here in The Location, and in addition to creating a unique script for their language (which the Bible was printed in last year) I am trying to make inroads into their community in our current location. Where I lived in previous places in The Location there were already growing communities of Christians in my designated people group, but in our current location there are almost none.

And I am trying to do and handle all of these things by myself. So, as you can see, I get stressed sometimes. I do not have much time for blogging or spending time online at all. I could really use some help... some teammates.

Recently a representative from my mission agency wrote to ask me to attend a special new training in a couple months and then head up future trainings, and the program that comes from the training, for our mission agency. I would love to do it, but I'd have to drop everything I've been working on for years. They didn't seem to understand that.

Like I said... I could use some teammates. But, then again, if the wrong people joined our team it could end up being much more stressful than it is now. If the right people joined, it could make a world of difference!

Who are the right people? Good question. Please pray that God sends them... soon. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could come and work with you there. (Seriously.) If that were the plan for my life, I would be thrilled. If there's any way I can help from here, let me know.

    And I will be praying for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, all of you. Vince, if you came you would probably be able to do so much. Thanks for praying for me and for coming by the Koffi House! I appreciate all of you!

    ReplyDelete